Enthusiasm and motivation are the best habits fundraisers can have. Schedule some time daily to create your enthusiasm habit; here are five things you can try:
- If you haven’t come across it yet, make time to read Hildy Gottlieb’s article, The Sound a Thank You Makes. Try putting her concept into practice and regularly spend some time on the phone with your loyal donors and volunteers.
- Spend time ‘in the field’ with those who do the important day-to-day work of your charity. It’s not only energising, it puts an entirely new perspective on your work. Take along a digital camera to capture some impromptu shots.
- Take a Trustee out to coffee. It’s amazing what you’ll learn when you schedule some time to sit down with your Trustees one on one. Find out what made them get involved with your charity – and what their view of success is.
- Query your database for – no not for the usual *top donor* listing – but for your twenty most loyal donors. Put together a mailing of information packs with a note asking them to pass a pack on to their friends.
- Step outside of your comfort zone. The non-profit world can be an insular one. Instead of always spending your training funds solely on fundraising courses, take a motivational workshop or online marketing course. You’ll be surprised at the differences and advantages!
We hope you’ve enjoyed #FundraisingFortnight and would love to hear your feedback!